OrgLeader is a southern California-based, professional services firm that optimizes the performance of STEM organizations and the leaders who run them. OrgLeader accomplishes this by focusing on leadership assessment/development, executive coaching, talent management and organizational effectiveness.
At their core, STEM organizations are more data-driven and technical in what they do compared to other organizations. They exist at the enterprise level across the following industries:
- Science: Healthcare, medical diagnostics, medical devices and biotech
- Technology: Software, semiconductors, information security, consumer electronics and wireless technologies
- Engineering: Automotive, aerospace, engineering/construction and automation/control
- Finance: Banking, credit and insurance
While STEM organizations exist at the enterprise level, they also exist at the functional level. Departments such as research and development (R&D), information technology (IT) and finance are STEM organizations.
What we value
- Professionalism: Business decorum based on respect for the individual
- Candor: Honest and empathetic dialogue to obtain the best outcome
- Reliability: Consistent, high-caliber service to the client
- Integrity: Actions that align with words to produce trust
What we believe
- Leadership effectiveness and organizational effectiveness go hand in hand.
- Creating motivating work environments where people thrive is a key part of ROI.
- Building a strong executive team involves more than assembling a collection of smart leaders.
- You can’t eliminate uncertainty, but you can control its impact which helps manage risk.
What we pledge to you:
- We focus on results instead of activities.
- We are your thought partners to help you make decisions and take action.
- We are just a phone or video call away.
OrgLeader Founder and Managing Principal
Dr. Ryan Lahti is the Founder and Managing Principal of OrgLeader. As a strategic advisor to STEM organizations, he specializes in helping leaders thrive in uncertainty and better manage risk.
Ryan combines business experience serving Fortune 500 and midsize companies in 20 industries with a background in leadership and organizational effectiveness spanning three decades. Prior to founding OrgLeader in 2006, he worked for global consulting firms including Ernst & Young and Hay Group. He also held corporate positions overseeing leadership and organizational development.
As a thought leader, Ryan is the author of The Finesse Factor: How to Build Exceptional Leaders in STEM Organizations. He is a frequent speaker on uncertainty and risk as well as a contributor to Forbes on leadership and organizational effectiveness topics. Ryan has been featured on NBC TV, Inside Forbes Councils and in publications such as Fast Company and CIO.
Ryan is a certified executive coach affiliated with the International Coaching Federation, the Private Directors Association as well as Round Table Group expert witnesses. He holds a B.A. in Psychology/Business Administration from UCLA, an M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from California State University Long Beach and a Ph.D. in Psychology/Organizational Science from the University of North Texas. Outside the office, you are likely to find Ryan exploring the outdoors.
“STEM organizations are the linchpin in the STEM continuum.”
–Ryan Lahti, Managing Principal